The purpose of this study was to identify, describe, and analyze Navajo female participation in high school volleyball and its affects on success in higher education. The research was an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the impact athletics, namely volleyball, has within the Diné culture; and how the impact of those role models who provided leadership through athletic instruction had on the lives of Navajo female student athletes in their postsecondary experiences.
Download count: 0
- Educational leadership
- Student Athletes
- Navajo philosophy
- Volleyball for women--Social aspects--Arizona--Kayenta.
- Volleyball for women
- Female high school athletes--Social aspects--Arizona--Kayenta.
- Female high school athletes
- Prediction of scholastic success--Arizona--Kayenta.
- Prediction of scholastic success
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 104-107)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational administration and supervision