Mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs) have attracted attention for mission critical applications. This dissertation investigates techniques of statistical monitoring and control for overhead reduction in a proactive MANET routing protocol. Proactive protocols transmit overhead periodically. Instead, we propose that the local conditions of a node should determine this transmission decision. While the goal is to minimize overhead, a balance in the amount of overhead transmitted and the performance achieved is required.
Download count: 0
- Computer Science
- Control charts
- CUSUM charts
- EWMA charts
- Locally Proactive Protocols
- Multivariate Control charts
- Statistical monitoring
- Ad hoc networks (Computer networks)
- Multivariate analysis
- Routing protocols (Computer network protocols)--Statistical methods.
- Routing protocols (Computer network protocols)
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 139-150)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Computer science