Although U.S. rates of college enrollment among 18-24 year olds have reached historic highs, rates of degree completion have not kept pace. This is especially evident at community colleges, where a disproportionate number of students from groups who, historically, have had low college-completion rates enroll. One way community colleges are attempting to address low completion rates is by implementing institutional interventions intended to increase opportunities for student engagement at their colleges.
Download count: 0
- Community college education
- Education (Higher)
- Educational evaluation
- Academic advising
- community college
- Institutional data
- Student Engagement
- Student success course
- College student orientation
- College student development programs
- Developmental studies programs
- Counseling in higher education
- Community college students--Services for.
- College dropouts--Prevention.
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 157-167)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Higher and postsecondary education