The objective of this work is to develop a Stop-Rotor Multimode UAV. This UAV is capable of vertical take-off and landing like a helicopter and can convert from a helicopter mode to an airplane mode in mid-flight. Thus, this UAV can hover as a helicopter and achieve high mission range of an airplane. The stop-rotor concept implies that in mid-flight the lift generating helicopter rotor stops and rotates the blades into airplane wings. The thrust in airplane mode is then provided by a pusher propeller.
Download count: 0
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aircraft Dynamics
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- Vertical Take-Off and Landing
- Short take-off and landing aircraft--Design--Mathematical models.
- Short take-off and landing aircraft
- Vertically rising aircraft--Dynamics--Mathematical models.
- Vertically rising aircraft
- Drone aircraft--Control systems--Mathematical models.
- Drone aircraft
- Partial requirement for: M.S.Tech, Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 66-67)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Technology (Mechanical engineering technology)