Being properly prepared is one of the keys to surviving an emergency or a disaster. In order to be prepared, people need appropriate education in preparedness, which includes elements of prevention, and planning. There is a definite need to better prepare our nation's citizens in order for them to safely respond in times of a disaster. It also seems likely that the earlier concepts and skills are learned, the easier those concepts and skills would be to remember and the more proficient one would become in implementing them.
Download count: 0
- Education, Elementary
- curriculum development
- Interdisciplinary approach in education
- Emergency management--Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Emergency Management
- Education, Elementary--Curricula.
- Children's literature--Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Children's Literature
- Elementary school teachers--Attitudes.
- Elementary school teachers
- Partial requirement for: M.S. Tech., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 68-71)Note typebibliography
- Fictional books for emergency preparedness and survival": p. 92-93Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Technology