ABSTRACT External accountability is embedded in every school system across the United States. This dissertation study focuses on how ten principals negotiate the accountability system placed upon their school by the state of Arizona. The federal accountability policy, No Child Left Behind (NCLB), requires that states use a standardized assessment to document student achievement. Arizona's policy to meet the federal requirements of NCLB is Arizona Learns (AZLearns). AZLearns outlines the formulas for determining which schools are achieving and which schools need to improve.
Download count: 0
- Education Policy
- Educational leadership
- HIgh Stakes Testing
- Organizational Capacity
- Performance Labels
- Educational accountability--Arizona.
- Educational accountability
- Elementary school principals--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Elementary school principals
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 163-168)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational administration and supervision