This paper is seeking to use exploratory factor analysis to construct a numeric representation of Hill Collin's matrix of domination. According to Hill Collins, the Current American matrix of domination, or the interlocking systems of oppression, includes race, gender, class, sexual orientation, religion, immigration status, disability, and age. The study uses exploratory factor analysis to construct a matrix of domination scale. The study launched an on-line survey (n=448) that was circulated through the social network Facebook to collect data.
Download count: 0
- Social Research
- Social structure
- factor analysis
- interlocking systems of oppression
- Matrix of Domination
- social hierarchy
- Social stratification--United States.
- Social stratification
- Discrimination--United States.
- Power (Social sciences)--United States.
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliograpical references (p. 61-64)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Social justice and human rights