This research explores the socialization and culture of naturopathic students. Naturopathic physicians are a rapidly growing group of health care providers with a different ideology than conventional physicians. At present they work on the margins of the division of labor in health care. Only 15 U.S. states explicitly recognize, regulate, and license their practice, although the number is increasing. Therefore, the professional socialization of naturopathic students is framed within a context of a changing division of labor in health care.
Download count: 0
- complementary and alternative medicine professional socialization
- naturopathic medical school
- naturopathic professional socialization
- naturopathic student
- naturopathic training
- Naturopaths--Training of--United States.
- Naturopathic schools--Curricula--United States.
- Naturopathic schools
- Naturopathy--United States--History.
- Professional socialization--United States.
- Professional socialization
- Social medicine--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 196-205)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Sociology