Social situational awareness, or the attentiveness to one's social surroundings, including the people, their interactions and their behaviors is a complex sensory-cognitive-motor task that requires one to be engaged thoroughly in understanding their social interactions. These interactions are formed out of the elements of human interpersonal communication including both verbal and non-verbal cues.
Download count: 0
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Assistive Technology
- Nonverbal Communication
- Social Mediation Technology
- Socio-Behavioral Computing
- Self-help devices for people with disabilities
- Interpersonal communication--Technological innovations.
- Interpersonal communication
- Social interaction--Technological innovations.
- Social Interaction
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 282-314)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Electrical engineering