Great disasters can often serve as birthing grounds for national transformation. As communities work to recover and rebuild, opportunities to reassess of prevailing development theories and programs may arise. As traditional development programs, supported by top-down development theories and billions in foreign aid, have not changed Haiti's impoverished status, such an opportunity has been presented to the Caribbean nation.
Download count: 0
- Caribbean Studies
- Economic development--Haiti.
- economic development
- Economic assistance--Haiti.
- Economic assistance
- Non-governmental organizations--Haiti.
- Non-governmental organizations
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 179-187)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Community resources and development