ABSTRACT This thesis analyzes the discourse surrounding proposed solutions to the immigration phenomenon in the United States. I conducted two qualitative media analyses on the rhetoric and conceptual frames found in mass media newscasts reporting on the immigration debate. The first analysis covered the general immigration debate and the second covered the appearance of American southwest ranchers.
Download count: 0
- Social Research
- Foreign Policy
- Qualatative Media Analysis
- Ranchers--Press coverage--Southwestern States.
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 91-100)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Social justice and human rights