Meeting state and federal standards is a consistent challenge for schools and their students. Although states were mandated under the No Child Left Behind Act to provide Supplemental Educational Services, such as tutoring, to underperforming schools, the current education policy under the Obama administration does not specifically address the issue of tutoring. Rather, the Recovery Act implemented in 2009, asks states to reform and improve their education systems and schools to increase success and achievement for all students.
Download count: 0
- Educational Psychology
- General Education
- Educational Policy
- internet polls
- school improvement
- student perspectives
- Internet surveys
- Tutors and tutoring--Public opinion.
- Tutors and tutoring
- School improvement programs--Evaluation.
- School improvement programs
- Middle school students--Attitudes.
- Middle school students
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 170-188)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational psychology (Learning)