ABSTRACT This narrative study traces the development of a dance curriculum as it unfolded in an inner city public school. It examines the curriculum emergence through intersecting worlds of artistic practice, improvisation, lived experience and context. These worlds were organized and explored through themes of gender, emotion, longing and intersections and examined through lenses of critical theory, aesthetics and currere.
Download count: 0
- curriculum development
- Performing Arts education
- Dance--Study and teaching--Arizona--Phoenix--Case studies.
- Dance--Curricula--Arizona--Phoenix--Case studies.
- Public schools--Curricula--Arizona--Phoenix--Case studies.
- Public Schools
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 272-276)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction (Curriculum studies)