The purpose of this study was to explore current pedagogical approaches of undergraduate directing curricula in selected U.S. institutions of higher learning. Building on the work of Clifford Hamar and Anne Fliotsos, the thesis builds a foundation for further study of contemporary directing pedagogy. Fourteen course syllabi were collected voluntarily from members of The Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE) and served at the primary source material.
Download count: 0
- Education, Art
- Theater Studies
- Teaching Theatre
- University Theatre
- Theater--Production and direction--Study and teaching (Higher)--United States.
- Theater--Production and direction--Study and teaching (Higher)--New York (State)--Buffalo--Case studies.
- Theater--Production and direction--Study and teaching (Higher)--New Hampshire--Durham--Case studies.
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 66-69)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Theater